Last updated: January 23 2020
- Personal and other information we collect about you;
- How we use your information;
- How we may share your information with third parties; and
- Your choices regarding the personal information we collect about you.
2. Collection of Your Personal and Other Information
When you register for, or use our Services, we collect Personal Information. By “Personal Information” we mean information that can identify or reasonably be linked to an individual, such as:
- Personal or business addresses;
- Email addresses;
- Phone numbers;
- Social Security numbers;
- Government-issued identification numbers;
- Credit card information (which you submit for payment purposes);
- Information contained in any image, photograph or profile you submit to us; and
- Your Internet Protocol (IP address), to the extent it is considered personal information by applicable law.
Certain aspects of the Services may also access certain features of your mobile device, such as its camera, and location services (GPS), and collect information from those features, such as photographs, videos, your precise location, audio recordings. You consent to this access.
You may choose not to provide Personal Information (subject to the controls offered by your mobile device’s operating system), but this may prevent you from receiving certain features of the Services.
We also collect non-Personal Information relating to the Services; that is, information that does not personally identify an individual. The non-Personal Information we collect includes how you interact with the Services, information generally collected or “logged” by Internet websites or Internet services when accessed or used by users, and information about your web browser or device accessing or using the Services.
Examples of the non-Personal Information we collect are:
- Information about your computer or mobile device, such as its maker or operating system version, and HTTP header information;
- The pages of our website that you viewed during a visit;
- What information, content or advertisements you view or interact with using the Services;
- Language preferences; and
- The city and state in which you are located (but not your precise geographic location).
3. Use of Your Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Assist us in providing, maintaining, and protecting the Services;
- Set up, maintain, and protect accounts to use the Services;
- Improve our online operations;
- Process transactions and requests;
- Provide customer service and technical support;
- Communicate with you, such as provide you with account- or transaction—related communications, or other newsletters, RSS feeds, and/or other communications relating to the Services;
- Send or display offers and other content that is customized to your interests or preferences;
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products and services and developing new products or services;
- Manage and maintain the systems that provide the Services; and
- Any other business purpose.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as described below.
We may disclose Personal Information to provide the Services, or when you authorize or instruct us to do so, for example when you use the Services to submit content or profile information. The Services are a social experience, so we may disclose your interactions with the Services to other users, including, without limitation, information that you post on the Services for other users to access and view.We may also disclose Personal Information and non-Personal Information to companies, agents, contractors, service providers, or others engaged to perform functions on our behalf (such as processing of payments, provision of data storage, hosting of our website, marketing of our products and services, conducting audits, and performing web analytics). We may license third party software to include in or use with the Services, in which case we may disclose Personal Information and/or Non-Personal Information to the licensor.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to other users to process or complete transactions or requests that you or such other users of the Services request, including, without limitation, revealing your personal information to users who have accepted an offer to connect sent by you in connection with your use of the Services.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties when we believe, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (b) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or an enforceable governmental request, (c) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or other third parties, (d) prevent a crime or protect national security, or (e) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Finally, we reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Information) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company relating to the Services, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or receivership of our business. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of such transfer, for example via email or by posting notice on our website.
Lastly, we may also disclose non-Personal Information, or de-identified Personal Information aggregated with information about our other users, to our clients, business partners, merchants, advertisers, investors, potential buyers and other third parties if we deem such disclosure, in our sole discretion, to have sound business reasons or justifications.
5. Cookies and Automatic Information Gathering Technologies
Every time you use the Services (e.g., access a Service webpage, navigate to a specific location within the Service mobile app), we collect information regarding that use. For example, to improve our Services, we collect how, when, and which parts of the Services or its features you use,, and when, how, and your email address for such purposes as authentication. Also, we may use your device’s unique identifier (UDID), media access control address (MAC Address), or other unique identifiers to assist us in collecting and analyzing this data.
To assist us in collecting and storing this information, we may employ a variety of technologies, including “Cookies,” local browser storage, and “Web Beacons.” A “Cookie” is a small amount of data a website operator, or a third party whose content is embedded in that website, may store in your web browser and that the website operator or, as applicable, the third party, can access when you visit the website. A Cookie may also refer to web-browser-based storage provided by Adobe’s Flash plugin (a “Flash Cookie”). A “Web Beacon” is a small, usually-transparent image placed on a web page that allows the operator of that image, which may be the operator of the website you visit or a third party, to read or write a Cookie.
The Services are not intended for users under13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under 13 years of age. We do not authorize users under 13 years of age to use the Services.
7. Information Security
We utilize reasonable information security measures to safeguard your Personal Information against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction. For example, we utilize Secure Socket Layer SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS), or similar encryption technology when sensitive data is transmitted over the Internet, and use firewalls to help prevent external access into our network. However, no data transmission over the Internet and no method of data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
We restrict access to Personal Information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, improve or support our Services. If we share Personal Information with service providers, we require [in writing] that they also use reasonable information security measures to safeguard your Personal Information[, comply with any applicable laws or regulations with respect to information security,] and only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we share it with them.
8. Third Party Websites.
Please note that the Services may link or integrate with third-party sites, services or apps. We are not responsible for the privacy or security policies or practices or the content of such third parties. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the privacy and security policies and terms of service of those third parties so that you understand how those websites collect, use, share and protect your information.
9. Changes to this Policy